Undergraduate Academic Scholarship
At the Howard University NASA University Research Center, we make every effort to help you achieve your career goals, as well as those for academic and personal growth. Our Undergraduate Scholarship Program is competitive and provides financial support for those students that meet the requirements of the academic program.
If selected by the Howard University Beltsville Center for Climate System Observation (BCCSO) as a scholarship recipient, the award includes a tuition waiver for the fall and spring academic semesters, applicable student fees, conference travel, and if the student qualifies, a stipend for the academic school year.
If selected, a student is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
1. Enroll as a fulltime student (15 credits or more per semester);
2. Major in one of the following disciplines:
- Atmospheric Science
3. Remain in good academic standing (with a minimum GPA of 3.0);
4. Demonstrate an interest in NASA URC activities and research;
5. Maintain regular communication and meet with your mentor throughout the academic year; and
6. Submit reports on applicable research and your experience with the program.
Each semester, there is a review of a student’s academic standing, research performance, and program participation to determine the continuation of this scholarship. Continuation of the scholarship is also subject to the availability of funds.